Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Oh, Valentine's...and a short monologue.

I like blogging for three reasons:
1)It's a journal of my family. My life.
2)It's a more personal way to keep updated on friends and family...well, more personal than a facebook status. You're able to read what's happening right from the horses' mouth (here's a two part question, where did that ridiculous saying come from and am I even saying it right?)
Lastly:
3)People, mostly women, have turned blogging into a livelihood. There's creative genius' online and I get to browse their blogs and better myself (become more awesome). Getting ideas and sharing them again with someone else has practically turned into a hobby. As a bonus, I like to be able to admire and support women with ideas and ambitions.
My life story p.o.v. on this is, I actually used to pride myself on not being crafty and not having well honed domestic skills but I have had a turnaround in the many moons since then. The phrase, 'necessity is the mother of invention', comes into play and it kind of took off from there. It’s rewarding to make life fun and fulfilling with what you have to work with. Don’t get me wrong, if anyone wants to share some millions I wouldn’t turn it down but as for now, this is a way for me to look at the glass half full instead of half empty. I can create what I need instead of being sad about not being able to buy it. I can make a food item I’m craving. I mean hello, store bought muffins are nasty and oily. Frankly, most of the things I make, or can make, I like better anyway. So there cruel world!

This post relates more to item #3 on my list. I pretty much want to show off.
We did a couple of fun things in honor of the day of love so consider this idea sharing. The pay if forward of blogging. Ah, sweet.

This is what I started out with for Porter's Valentines to hand out at school. Wait for it, it gets AWESOME!

Ta-Da! Trick of the eyes! It looks like he's holding a 3D sucker and guess what? It's real, no illusion!

25 Valentines later.

Buttermilk syrup. It was good. Like really good.

Red Velvet Heart Pancakes. Yet again, really good.

Chocolate dipped fortune cookies prepared for a punny result.

The goods inside the Chinese food box.

Almost there.

Hah! 'I am so fortunate to have you for a teacher!' Punny and sweet. This was for Porter's kindergarten teacher for Valentines. Porter often expresses his wishes for Mrs. Havens to come over for a play date. Teachers mean the world to kids.

4 comments:

sarah said...

oh my goodness! Way too awesome. I think about doing great stuff like that, but sometimes I am better at thinking than doing. I stand in awe of you! Happy post valentines day!

Amy said...

Stace, you are seriously a superstar mom. You are so talented and love to share it. I wish I could come over and make cute things with you. I did make pink heart shaped pancakes...

The Pratts said...

I agree. I LOVE the cool ideas that go around on blogs. Oh my goodness, those Valentine's are AWESOME!!!! No really, coolest Valentine's I've ever seen. Would you mind if I copied you next year? :) I had a friend here give out the chocolate dipped fortune cookies as thank-you's after she had a baby. I was dying at the cuteness, and ever since I've been counting down the days till she or I move away so I can steal the idea. :) Way to go!

The Pratts said...

I almost forgot, the best line of this post, "(become more awesome)"...haha